HOW IS THE CLUB’S PROGRAM STRUCTURED?
The Isle of Anglesey Swimming Club (IOASC) program is designed to enable each of its swimmers to systematically progress from the beginning to the elite level of performance by establishing clearly defined priorities, training plans, and performance standards for each level of instruction. Training groups are organized so that all of the swimmers in a particular group will be compatible with respect to age, training ability, and commitment levels. The emphasis in the early stages of development is placed on skill and attitude development. As the swimmers progress, a more demanding physical and psychological challenge is gradually introduced. The commitment level ranges from approximately two hours per week for the young beginner to “whatever it takes” for the aspiring Olympian. Although participation through all of the levels of instruction is the goal for every swimmer, each level will provide a valuable and rewarding experience in its own right.
SHOULD I JOIN IOASC?
- Tradition of Excellence: IOASC has contributed to the training and development of swimmers who have competed in many national championships.
- Developmental Emphasis: The focus is on personal development within the framework of a strong team orientation. All levels of the developmental process are considered to be equally important, regardless of age or ability.
- Professional Staff: IOASC is committed to providing its swimmers with a staff of highly skilled and qualified coaches.
- Excellent Facilities: IOASC is provided with two pools (Holyhead Leisure Centre and Plas Arthur,Llangefni).
- Educational and Travel Opportunities: Depending on the level of development, travel within the area and throughout Wales and England may be available to our swimmers for competition, clinics, training camps, etc.
- Social Activities: Awards evenings, picnics, recreational outings, etc.
- Family Environment: IOASC’s facilities and program philosophy are very conducive to family participation. Parents and siblings are considered to be an important part of the IOASC “family.”
WHAT IF I AM NOT SURE THAT I AM QUALIFIED OR READY TO JOIN?
After a brief conversation, the IOASC coaches will be pleased to place new swimmers in the most appropriate training group for a try out.